baby growth

Monday, April 30, 2007

Full of SUPRISES!!!

Goodbye Texas, Hello Kansas!!!
Well, I have never thought in my 8 years living here that I would ever say that!! Needless to say, I AM!!
It all began as a joke from one of Donnie's great friends and ended up for real. There of course were a lot of factors in this decision. First, the pay. Of course, I would be getting payed less, but Donnie more. So, we kinda make out a little less than here but we would not have to pay for day care. Jett was a huge factor. I do not feel comfortable leaving Jett with a sitter if he were sick and I had a ball game. We had thought that maybe we could stay here take Jett to daycare (which would have been a great mother of one of my old softball players) and me not coach. Me not coaching here would have not allowed us much spending money or saving. Thus, bringing us to being able to have a night to ourselves every once and awhile. We do not have family here, just Bubba and I am sure he would have taken great care of Jett like he would a case of beer. I do have great friends that I have known since I have moved here that I would totally trust with Jett, but they live 30minutes away. We would have to drive to them, just to see a movie. I have some teenage softball players that I would trust, but they can't drive yet. Thus, having family around would allow us to have a night to ourselves every once and a while and for me to possibly coach, if I wanted?????
I have tried and tried to come up with great excuses not to leave, but they all kept pointing north.
We will be staying with Mick and Joe for a while. Donnie starts in a week and I will go sometime in June, maybe end of May, depending on my house.

1 comment:

Mrs. H said...

Congrats! I totally understand the move back home for family! There's no way I could feel comfortable coaching without so much family to help out. I never feel guilty calling up a grandparent, aunt, uncle, or even the great grandparents to watch Charlie. Their time together is priceless. I'm happy for you guys and hope your house sells SOON!!! Damn that house market!!!!!!