baby growth

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Bridal Shower "G" Rated Style

Well, I never ever would have thought that I would ever be having a bridal shower. My good friends, Nikki, Mandy, and Sara, and my family, Diana, Christina, and April through me the most fabulous party. The decorations were wonderful, the cake was beautiful, and the company was overwellming.
We got started by everyone introducing themselves and how they knew me and if they had any "G" rated stories (because there were kids there). Of course, Sara Broyles, whom I have known and played ball with since high school, I swear we could have went to the same high school we are so close, saying all sorts of good things about me and I START CRYING!! Needless to say, she did not have any "G" rated stories.
The guests ranged from my in-laws to be, which my mother in-law to be, had got off work at 2pm and came and did a facial at my house and went to my shower and went back to work at 10pm. I hope the woman she was taking care of is still kicking!!!
My great friends were there, Heather that just had a baby a month ago brightened up the room with her mother ora, Maya is so adorable. Stephanie Mallet/Nickelson, whom we have lost contact for a couple of years but mysteriously saw my cousins and brother at a ball tournament in Topeka, and we have been in contact ever since. To, my cousin Paula, whom, I totally forgot to send an invitation to, but was determined to crash my party, it made me so happy. To my AUNT Virg, whom once you were my aunt, you still ARE! To all the old timers, Connie, Hazel, Isabelle, and Grandma Florence, whom ain't even my grandma!!! To all of the wonderful kids that helped me with opening my presents.
I actually felt a tad bit shy. I have never really asked to be center of attention, it just always kind of happened that way. And here I was sitting in front of everyone, in a sober momment, people saying great things about me and people giving me gifts, I never would have thought. But, it was such a great momment, and I guess I realize now, how important it is to have a bridal party for the bride to be, every woman/man deserves one!!!
Thank you to everyone that attended and got to share one of the most top momments in my new beginning.

Needless to say, No "G" rated stories were said!!!

No comments: