baby growth

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Exciting Night







On Wednesday January 24th, I had been at the high school for Eagle Celebration to recruit for next year softball. I got home around 8ish and I was tired. I sat for a while in my recliner and then told Bubba that I was tired and going to bed. Donnie was at bowling and he shortly showed up after I went to bed. I usually get up every two hours to go potty and well, I did so at this time. I had thought that it was later like 2am but it was only 11pm. I jumped out of bed and Donnie says to me, "watch out, don't hurt yourself!" I felt like I had to go potty bad, well, I got to the bathroom and sure enough, the books are not lying. My water had broke. As I set on the toilet, yes letting myself drain, I told Donnie that "I think that it is time!" He said, "time for what?" TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!! He busts in the bathroom and was suprised and said, "OK, what do I do?" He did great. He called my doctor, told them my water broke and that the baby was breech, so this meant emergency C-section. He got all the bags in the truck, I yelled at Bubba's bedroom door 3times,,,"BUBBA." After finally hearing me from the logs he was cutting, he jumped up and I said that, IT WAS TIME! As I was walking out, my dogs were just as worried and concerned as Donnie and Bubba. They watched me leave and off we went.



Donnie drove all the way with his hazzard lights on and pretty fast, we did not get pulled over!! Thank goodness. At Medical City of Dallas, everyone was waiting for me. They got me in, got me preped and I was ready to go by 1am. Dr. Marci, had 80s music playing for me. The room was not as cold as some surgery rooms that I have been in, but I was shivering like crazy. They supplied me with very warm out of the dryer blankets, those were nice, but I was still shaking. At this point, they forgot to get Donnie, I asked where he was and they ran to get him. He made it, he also got to see all my insides in a bowl. He stood behind me stroking my head. They had put on an oxygen mask and I felt a tad bit clostrophobic. Ever since my BOY has been in my womb, he has tripped my ashma a few times, making me feel real clostrophobic. So, when the doctor, which he looked like the Pratt Coach on Wildcats the movie (that was making me laugh too) put on the mask, I started to panic a bit and could not catch my breathe. It took forever to catch my breath. I got through it though. Dr. Marci said my insides were warm, but I was shaking so much, so she said she needed to watch me for infections. So, Jett came out and they held him over the curtain for me to see, which I really just saw his testicles!!! BIG!! and then Donnie took off to tend to our BOY.



1 comment:

KarPooh said...

WOW!! Cool pics and Fun times.